IREAs customer self-service is not yet mobile-friendly. Please use a personal computer for easier navigation.

Start/Transfer Service

To start or transfer electric service at an existing location with IREA, please call our Customer Service Department at (800) 332-9540.

Dates to have service started or transferred may be reserved up to 30 days in advance.

Today’s date, holidays and weekends are not available.

Requests are taken on a first-come, first-serve basis. It is recommended you reserve your date early if it’s during busy times such as the end or beginning of a month.

Once you have an account with IREA and have received your first bill, you can manage your account online by logging into My Account.

Add an authorized user(s) to your account.

Authorized users can be given account information and make changes to an account.  If someone other than the account holders calls to get information and is not listed as an authorized users or is not a joint member IREA will not be able to provide account information.

Visit our Start/Stop/Transfer FAQs page
Review our Director Districts
Understand Capital Credits and what they mean to you

Please note that IREA provides only electric service. Call a local propane dealer if your address uses propane. If your address uses natural gas, the company that services your location should appear on the front of the gas meter. The natural gas providers in our area are:

Xcel Energy, (800) 895-4999
Black Hills Energy, (888) 890-5554
Colorado Natural Gas, (800) 720-8193

Account Options/Services


Vacancy Billing Agreement (VBA)

If a landlord enters into a VBA, when a tenant notifies IREA to have service taken out of their name it will automatically go back into the landlord’s name.

A VBA will not:

• Stop service from being disconnected due to a tenant’s nonpayment

• Put the service in the landlord’s name if service is shut off for nonpayment; or

• Allow the landlord to opt out of an AMI meter.

For more information or to begin the registration process, log into My Account or call Consumer Services at (800) 332-9540.

Third-Party Notification

If a customer and the customer’s landlord or another party complete and file with us a Third-Party Notification Form, we will let you know when a disconnection notice has been sent to the customer. This process may be useful for landlords or people looking out for friends or relatives. Third-party notification is available to all residential customers, with the consent of the customer and the party designated to receive the third-party notice. To sign up for this service, print and complete our Third-Party Notification Form, then return it to IREA via mail to P.O. Drawer A, Sedalia, CO 80135, via email to, or via fax to (720) 733-5872.


Account Access Authorization Form

Submitting this form will allow others to access your account information and to make changes to your account. If a person other than the account holder calls in to get information and he/she is not listed as an authorized user, IREA will not be able to give that person any information.

A temporary power cost adjustment is applied to monthly bills as of April 2021. For more info, visit our PCA page.
count down text hello